- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met.
- Operate plastic injection machines to make housings, fittings, and fixtures
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies.
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments.
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment as well as the machinery set up.
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written documentation.
Ideally Entry level education; Associate’s degree programs and postsecondary certificates in scientific or engineering subject but equivalent experience considered